Friday, October 24, 2008

The Verdict....

So I went to the doctor today. I have a torn MCL, partially torn ACL and a torn meniscus. For now he wants me to do some intense physical therapy for 2 weeks. Then I will go back and he will evaluate my progress. If it doesn't seem like my ACL is getting any better, he will do a scope to see how much damage there is. If it is over 50% torn he will fix it, if it is under 50% torn, he won't. I got a differnent brace today that allows me to bend my knee which is a lot better than the stabilizing brace I've been wearing. I don't have to walk around like I have a peg leg anymore.

My main question was when can I run again??? I told him that we had already signed up for the Seaside Half Marathon on March 1st. He said I should be able to run it. Depending on how physical therapy goes & if I don't have to have surgery, I might be able to start running again in about 4 weeks. It really sounds like a long time to me but I guess it could be a lot worse. That's my philosophy, at least.

Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Susan and Corey said...

I can't believe you got hit by a car!! Unbelievably glad you are ok. Keep me posted about you knee.

Anonymous said...

Yikes. I will pray that you don't need the surgery ... also, you didn't tell me you got a dog tooth in the accident. Sweet.

The C's said...

glad you are still in one piece. jamie filled me in on what happened over lunch last week! glad you are okay, please let us know if you need anything. kylie says get well soon auntie mer! miss ya!

Anonymous said...

oh no, mer! i'm thinking about you and praying that you will be able to run sooner rather than later!