Wednesday, October 22, 2008

On the Tracks & On the road....

Philip, me, Beth & Tyler- Before the fun began
Hmmmm....no fun at all....
Tiger Woods...oh wait, that's just Philip

We had one of the funnest weekends last weekend. Friday night was On the Tracks. A food & wine festival they have on our street. It was so fun! Beth & Tyler came down from Atlanta to join in the festivities. Most of the shops on Railroad Ave (0ur street) and 8th participate as "wine stops." They each will serve a different wine or 2 and some sort of appetizer. There were also some local restaurants that brought food. You could buy a plate for about $2-3 dollars. I had something from Amsterdam, Arricia and one other place I can't remember. We had a blast and ended the night at the bar, of course! There was one casualty Friday night. One of Richard's (bar owner) coffee tables got broken. I'll let you decide the culprit... :)

Saturday we got up and played golf. Well, Beth & I only lasted the first 9 holes:) Then we left the boys and got pedi's! After that we rested and ate a delicious dinner at Zazu. Sunday, Philip cooked us a big breakfast and they headed back to the ATL. It was nice having friends in town on a non-football weekend. We had a great time and I hope they did too!!!

On a more serious note
- Last night I was running after work and was struck by a vehicle while crossing at a crosswalk. I am VERY lucky that the car was not going very fast and so far, besides many scrapes and bruises, I think the only "real" damage will be to some ligaments in my left knee. From what I have been told, I put a mean dent in the hood of the girl's car. I probably put a "dent" in the pavement too! I spent a few hours in the ER last night getting some x-rays and a CT scan (a result of my hubbie working for a neurosurgeon). Today I went to an orthopedic doctor and he gave me one of those thigh-to-ankle braces and I have an MRI tomorrow. He said there is probably some ligament damage but we won't know until Friday when we get the results. I also chipped a tooth a little bit. Not too big a deal, but I can feel it with my tongue and it's driving me CRAZY! Maybe I can get that fixed tomorrow too!

Otherwise, I was not too sore today. That is something I was very nervous about last night. We'll see if I am as lucky tomorrow!

However, the whole point of this story is to all my running buddies out there. Me & Kinsey were talking this morning about those ID braclets you can buy (they advertise them in Runner's World). I always thought "hmmm...that would probably be a good idea" but never acted on it. Well let me tell you that I (and hopefully Kinsey too) will be ordering one ASAP. Luckily I never lost conciousness, but if I had, how would they have known who to call??? My name??? DOB??? People always say "you don't take your cell phone??" No, I don't. Even if I had, it probably would have been smashed in to a million pieces so that wouldn't have done much good.

So to all my running buddies out there, get an ID bracelet. I know they are dorky but you never know when you might need one! And BE CAREFUL running! We are training for a half marathon so I'm hoping I can be back running soon! But I have a feeling I will be much more aware of my surroundings!

Also, thanks to everyone for their thoughts & prayers so far. I definitely think I had a guardian angel watching over me yesterday!

2 comments:

Bendabl said...

MEREDITH!!! I can't believe that! I'm so glad you are okay!!! I'll pray for a speedy recovery. That's so scary though to think about!

Beth said...

What!!?? That is so scary! Thank goodness you were not severly hurt!