Friday, October 10, 2008

Nashville and beyond

Hoover Girls in Nashville- Andrea, me & Sara (officially an architect!)
Happy 30th Birthday Lyndsay!
Me & Lyndsay

Our weekend in Nashville was a blast! We had a great time with Sara (& meeting her new beau) and Andrea & Casey. It had been a while since we had visited Nashville and it did not disappoint! Friday night we went to S.A.T.C.O., a taco place, and to a bar for a little bit. We were all pretty tired and wanted to rest up for Saturday. Saturday we got up and headed out to tailgate. We got a great spot right up from the stadium (thanks to the early morning efforts of Philip and Casey!).

The game was awful but oh well! Sunday we had breakfast and headed home. We of course made a pit stop in Birmingham and finally made it back to Auburn about 4:30! Then, yes...off to Lyndsay's for Sunday Funday & the weekly dose of True Blood. That damn show....the acting is terrible but at the end of every episode, something crazy happens the last minute and I'm left wondering "what the heck!"

This week has been fun, busy, relaxing- all at the same time. A few nights at home, a few out with friends. Tuesday was Tap Night! This week all the high school girls were in attendance and let me tell you, it was a hoot! I'm sure they were wondering who in the hell the old girl with the goofy outfit was but I don't care. I had a great time. Then I met up with everyone at the Rail for Burgers & Beer night.

Thursday was Lyndsay's 30th birthday so about 12 of us headed up to Waverly for dinner at the Yellowhammer. We were pretty excited b/c that's one place we hadn't eaten at yet. The food was ok. The apps & desert were fab but I definitely ordered the wrong entree. My fault. I think we will try to get it another shot!

Tonight will be pretty low key since we had our "friday night" on Thursday. I think we'll head down to Brass Brassiere for the wine tasting then either get Mexican or pizza and go to bed early. One thing about Yellowhammer is it can definitely leave you broke-as-a-joke until payday! It was worth it though, we had a great time helping Lyndsay celebrate the big 3-0!

Tomorrow is another day of tailgating and hopefully watching Auburn win despite a tumultuous week! I don't think I'll hold my breath though.....

Oh, and a shoutout to my girl Sara- she found out this week that she passed all her certification tests and is now officially an architect! Way to go friend! We're very proud of you!

No comments: