Monday, February 28, 2011

16


That's how many miles I had to run on Saturday. That's the farthest I have ever run in my life. I haven't been that nervous about a run in a long time. I had no idea what to expect. Add to that having to do it {most of it} by myself, in a city that I am not familiar with, Fellini's pizza and beer Friday night {but not too many} and going to bed too late. *You see, we went to Atlanta to go see Old 97's with Philip's brother, Brian. It was a great show, a million times better than the last time we saw Old 97's.*
I was looking to do an out & back, or something easy where I wouldn't get lost. Thankfully, Brian lives close to the Big Creek Greenway {like Lakeshore Trail}. Not very scenic or distracting, but at least I wouldn't get lost:) It ended up being perfect! I was able to run 5 miles out & back, then meet up with Brian where he dropped me off and he ran the last 6.6 with me.
It ended up being a great run! Beautiful day and I felt great *pizza and beer the night before a long run, I may be on to something* I was able to run at a pretty good clip {for me} and not take any walk breaks {except for getting out my Chomps and taking a potty break}.
All this to say I was pretty damn proud of myself and have a little bit more confidence that I might actually be able to run 26.2 on May 1!


Note: I have to run 18 miles in two weeks. We will be out of town again. Should be interesting.

No comments: