Thursday, March 3, 2011

Latest Obsession


This is my latest obsession. I'm like really, really obsessed with it. Philip loves it too. I let him taste some the other day and I got that "Damn, you're good!" look ;) I have never been a fan of the pre-flavored yogurts, especially the ones with "fruit" in them. Something about the "fruit" just grosses me out {like frozen dinners with "chicken" in them. Ewww}. So I started making my own. I've done it here and there for the past few years, but lately I can't get enough.

On the "healthy" front, it's by far a better option. You can control how much and what goes in it. Fresh blueberries, real honey and non-fat Greek yogurt= less fat, more protien and less sugar {depending on how much honey you add, but honey isn't that bad for you so go for it!}. Glorious. As you may know, Greek yogurt by itself tastes a little bit like sour cream. Not very appetizing. But add a little honey and POOF! It's delish!

On a side note- we substitute Greek yogurt in a lot of recipes that call for mayo. I have a love/hate relationship with mayo. If I want it, all I want is a dusting on a sandwhich. Bust most delicious dips/appetizers call for it. And it definitely makes them super yummy! Something about it just grosses me out! The easiest to do this is in chicken salad. You need a few more spices, but it's definitely much better for you:)

No comments: