Monday, May 18, 2009

Watercolor

We had a great weekend at the beach!! Philip had a neurosurgery conference at Watercolor. He was presenting a paper he wrote on Chiari Malformation (probably totally misspelled that!). It was a great weekend and we had wonderful weather the whole time. I left early (like 7:45am!!) Friday morning and met my cousins- Debra, Kati & Sara (the Macs)- who were also at Watercolor having a girls weekend. I got there about 11:30am so I had all day to hang out with them on the beach while I waited for Philip, Dr. Warren and his wife, Lisa. They finally made it down about 4 and we had to go to a cocktail reception. Then the 4 of us broke away from the rest of the conference peeps and had a very nice dinner at Fish Out of Water. So amazing!!

Saturday morning I got up early to run before it got hot. HA! Apparently even at 7:30 in May it's already blazing hot! I about died!!! Philip had class all morning so I headed out to the beach early to meet the Macs again for another day on the beach. We didn't do much Saturday night. Just ate some apps at our house then went to Seaside for dinner.

Sunday morning I rode my complimentary bike around 30-A and got a mocha at the coffee shop in Watercolor. Then I met the Mac's at the pool and waited for Philip to get finished with his class. He was the very last person to present on Sunday. He was pretty nervous about getting up in front of a bunch of doctors but they were nice to him and didn't ask too many questions:) He came out to the pool with us for a little while before we headed to Seaside for a late lunch.

We made it home about 8pm last night. Phew! It was a great weekend. I was pretty sad to leave since we had such great weather the whole weekend!

I don't even think I'll put our suitcases away since we're leaving again on Friday for Sedona, AZ. Boy, I'm ready for a weekend at home:)

Toodles!

No comments: