Monday, May 5, 2008

Feliz Cinco de Mayo!

It was another busy weekend for the Hakes! Saturday morning we got up early and drove up to Birmingham to run a few earrands- mainly get us both some new running shoes- before I had to be at a baby shower for Kea. Philip was happy because we were also able to grab a bite for lunch at Jackson's. I left him & Charlie in downtown Homewood to wait for his parents to pick them up and I headed down to Greystone for the shower. It was a lot of fun! Kea got a ton of great stuff for Kylie! I took my camera with high expectations but of course, took not one single picture!

After the shower, I headed over to Anniston to meet up with Philip and his parents. Philip and his dad did a bike ride on Sunday called the Cheaha Challenge up in Piedmont, AL (about 25 min north of Anniston). I can honestly say I have been somewhere I never knew existed! When I got to Anniston on Saturday, we ate dinner and went to downtown Anniston where they were having the Noble Street Festival along with a Criterium. That's a very short bike race- they rode a .7 mile loop in downtown Anniston 70 times. They were going so fast that if you stood still, the bikers made a strong breeze as they rode by. It was pretty neat!

Sunday morning Philip and his did got up bright & early to head up to Piedmont for the bike race. Me and his mom headed up a little later on in the morning and waited for them to finish. Philip rode 50 miles up to Mt. Cheaha! I was very proud of him! Brian (Philip's bro) and his wife, Ellen came over from Atlanta for a little while to see them too!

When we finally got home last night we were both exhausted! Even Charlie was pooped! (We drug him around with us all weekend, as usual) Hopefully, this weekend we'll be able to stay home and relax!

No comments: