Monday, May 19, 2008

Fun in the Ham!

Well, we had a great weekend! Friday night we stayed in Auburn and hit up our weekly (or more) spot, Amsterdam's. The waitress actually said "Hey, I think I've waited on you a couple of times!" and there is no doubt in our minds that she probably has:)

Saturday morning we got up early to head to Birmingham for DoDah Day and a wedding that night. DoDah Day was fun as usual. Charlie and his girlfriends, Gabby & Molly, enjoyed watching the parade and eating TONS of treats! Charlie also got a gift from his girlfriends that was waiting for him in "our room" at Britney's house. They wrote him a sweet note and had a bone for him. He does love his ladies!

That night we had a wedding for one of Philip's brother, Brian's, friends. It was so much fun! The reception was at Workplay, which I had never been to so I was excited about going. Ben & Lindsey looked so happy and she was one of the prettiest brides I have ever seen!

Sunday we got up and said bye to Tony & Britney so we could meet up with Brian, Ellen & The Hake's for lunch at Jackson's (one of our Birmingham favs!). Then we shopped around the Summit for a little bit and headed home. Oh, first we had to meet my parents in Prattville to swap cars (mine had been in Greenville getting new tires- yippee!), then we headed home.

By the time we got home last night we were exhausted. We rented a movie and picked up some dinner from our fav chinese takeout place and went to bed about 8:30!

On a side note: Today I went home for lunch so excited about some leftover chicken fried rice. When trying to get it out of the kitchen, I somehow lost my grip on the container and dropped every bit of the chicken fried rice on the floor, along with Philip's leftover sesame chicken!!! I was so mad! I also got it on my pants so I had to change my pants and attempt to clean up a billion tiny pieces of rice, carrot & peas. What a great Monday....

We are looking forward to going to the lake this weekend and relaxing!
DoDah Day 2008
Gabby, Charlie & Molly hanging!
Gabby had too much fun....

No comments: