Monday, March 14, 2011

18

Saturday marked another milestone for my running career {ha! is that what you would call it? i can't think of another word but that is not the word i am looking for. whatev...}.
I ran 18 miles. I thought I was prepared for the distance after my 16 miler a few weeks ago but 18 proved to be more of a mental challenge than I thought. My legs felt ok. They were tired when we finished but not completely dead. It definitely helped that we ran it in Huntsville, where it is pretty flat {key}.
I realized around mile 11 that my shoes were shot. Fabulous. We finished the run at the Fleet Feet in Hunstville and promptly bought me a new pair of shoes:)

1 comment:

Sara Singleton said...

yay!! YOU ARE THERE GIRL!! If you can do 18... you can 26.2... believe it or not... mentally it will be easier if you go on a few longer ones too, which i know you are planning on. but know after that run you are by most standards "ready"!! WOOP WOOP!! RUN GIRL RUN :)