Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Day 3

http://dempseyracingfans.com/
Me and Patrick:)
I touched him!!!! I touched him!!!!
H.O.T.!!!!
Some of our gang at near the Pit area!

Sooooo, after we left Dallas with his pops, we drove to Birmigham to shower and then headed over to Barber Motor Speedway for the Grand Am races. A friend of ours is the race director for APR headquatered here in Opelika and he got us some passes for he race on Saturday. APR had a few cars in the race so a few of us decided to head to the race to support Jeff and the APR team.

I had never been to Barber before and it is such a nice facility. I hate that we didn't have time to go to the museum while we were there because I hear it is amazing! Anywho, the passes that Jeff gave us got us into the paddock area where all the teams park their trailers so it was neat to walk around see all the cars being worked on before their races and stuff!

ALSO, there is this guy that races cars in the same series, you may have heard of him before. His name is PATRICK DEMPSEY! Well I was determined to get a look at this fella! So we cased out the paddock area, found his trailer and the stalking began:) Eventually my psycho behavior paid off and I got the pics you see AND his autograph! I was so amused with myself. After all that excitement we found a good spot in the grass at turn 3 and watched a little bit of the race.

After watching the race for a little while, I hitched a ride back to Opelika and Philip headed to Atlanta to spend the night with Brian. When I finally made it home about 7, I met some friends for dinner, went to the bar for a little bit to see a band that Richard was really excited about and FINALLY made it to bed about 11pm!!! I was DONE-ZO!

No comments: