Sunday, September 27, 2009

This Week: New Job and a Beach Reunion!

I start a new job tomorrow! It's very strange to me that I won't be driving to Auburn and working with all my ladies at the Chamber/Tourism Bureau!!! Now, my commute will be about 4 minutes on foot, 2 minutes if I ride my bicycle:) That part I am really excited about!!

I'll be working for a law firm, Samford & Denson. They have been in Opelika for close to 100 years! The lawyer I will mainly be working for is on the Board at the Chamber so I have known him for a while now. He's a super nice guy, born & raised in Auburn.

I honestly can't say exaclty what it is I'll be doing b/c I honestly don't really know:) Lawyer stuff, I guess:) But I'm excited about a new challenge and learning about something that is really foreign to me.

Hope everyone had a great weekend. Philip's parents came down with Grandpa Texas and we tailgated and went to the game yesterday. Crazy weather again this weekend and we had to hunker down in the minivan for about 30 min. But the rain came a lot earlier in the day so by game time, it was just drizzling a bit.

We stayed until almost half time then headed home to check on Grandpa Texas and get in some dry clothes!

Today has been nice and relaxing! A pedi and sushi!!

I'm looking forward to the new job and our Britton Ave beach weekend!!! Thursday right after work we're heading down to Water Sound with Philip's roomies from UGA. Should be a great weekend!

Toodles!!

2 comments:

Volree Wade said...

Congrats on the new job!! Have fun tomorrow!

Lauren Miller said...

That is exciting about your new job! Congrats!