Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Seaside Fun

Philip's post-race treat--an enormous mimosa from Modica Market.
Coctail Time!

We got back from a few days in Seaside yesterday and it was amazing! I actually LOVE the beach in the winter months so I was really excited about our little mini vaca. We left Opelika Friday just in time to drive through tornado sirens in Montgomery! By the time we got down there, we were both a little on edge & ready for some relaxing. We spent the weekend riding our bikes up & down 30A, walking on the beach, eating a LOT and enjoying some good wine:) We only got in our car one time while we were there and that was only because it was about to rain.

The real reason for our trip down there was the Seaside Half Marathon on Sunday. While it was not snowing, it was really cold and very windy!! We were definitely not prepared. I had to wear socks on my hands b/c I had no gloves. It was a fun race though, and Philip did great- 1:41!! Two minutes faster than Mercedes and battling a 30mph wind the whole first half of the race. I caught up with him around mile 10 (on my bike, of course) and rode the final 3 miles with him. He says it helped keep him going but I don't see how it wasn't annoying as hell.

We had a great time! Neither of us were very excited about going to work today- boo hoo!