Friday, February 13, 2009

Two Halfs in Two Weeks!

We're heading up to Birmingham tomorrow for the first of Philip's two half marathons in two weeks. Mercedes Half Marathon is first. He has run it before but they completely changed the course this year so I will be interested to see how he likes it. Then, in two weeks we head down to Seaside for his second half marathon. I'm SUPER excited about this trip because we are making it a little "mini vaca" and staying Friday-Tuesday. We've rented a house in Seaside and I'm so pumped!

As his #1 cheerleader, I'm very excited that it is supposed to be warm on Sunday. In the past, it's always been miserably cold and/or raining! No fun if you are just standing around!

I'm a little sad though. I should be running in both of these races! Obviously, those plans have changed. So I'll settle for being able to drink more wine than Philip when we go down to Seaside:)

A quick update...I am now able to run about 2 miles without stopping! I've run outside a few times but Philip has always been with me. Hopefully I'll eventually get the guts to go out by myself:)

3 comments:

The Patterson Family said...

Impressive! You are doing way better than me, Mere, if it makes you feel any better. I get winded from walking up the stairs! Haha! That is SERIOUSLY pathetic on my part! :)

Lauren Miller said...

That will be so fun! Good luck to Philip and Mere you will be back in the game before you know it!

Anonymous said...

How did he do this morning? My dad and brother ran. Have fun in Seaside.