Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!




I hope that everyone is having a wonderful holiday season!!! Ours was fantastic!

Christmas Eve Eve was my birthday pizza night at the bar. We had the best time with our friends! I think everyone was so relaxed b/c most of us had the rest of the week off for the holiday!

Christmas Eve started out at the coffee shop talking with friends about Christmas plans. Once my parents got in town, we headed to Birmingham for my mom's family Christmas Extravaganza! Philip's parents met us there and we had a great time! This was the second year that Bob & JoAnne joined the madness and I think (?) they had a good time:)

Christmas morning (a.k.a. my birthday!) we woke up and Philip cooked us an awesome breakfast. Then we opened gifts. I make everyone sit in a circle and open presents one at a time. I only get to open presents once a year so I try to make it last as long as possible! So two hours later, we were finally finished with presents. We got some great gifts this year. I can honestly say that we were so spoiled by our parents! It is so fun waking up on Christmas morning and having our parents there! Brian & Ellen came down from Atlanta and we had a great dinner/birthday celebration. After dinner, it was down to Eigth & Rail for a little bit!

Friday afternoon, me & Philip headed to Birmingham for my annual birthday dinner with cousin Stephen. We went to Ocean and it was amazing, as usual. This year it was me, Philip, Stephen (cuz), Evelyn (aunt), Tim (cuz), Deborah (cuz), Sarah (cuz), Kati (cuz), Mike (Kati's boyfriend), Jenn & Sara. After dinner we headed to the Wine Loft downtown for some more visiting. It was so much fun and I am so greatful to have a great family that I am so close with! I wish I could say I have some pics from that night but I left my new digital camera that I got for Christmas at Jenn's house, bummer!

The rest of the weekend was pretty relaxing. Sadly, it is no longer Christmas at the Hake house. All the decorations were put away on Sunday, waiting patiently for next year!!!

I hope everyone has a wonderful New Years!!!!

No comments: