Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Calm Before the Storm


We had a nice relaxing weekend at home! It was very nice being able to do a whole lot of nothing since next weekend is going to be crazy with the LSU Bengal Tigers coming to town!! And let me tell you, they are all coming. Every hotel in the Auburn/Opelika area is booked! So we took advantage the weekend and tried to relax as much as we could. Friday night we hung out with some friends on our porch, drank wine and ate pizza! We made it down to the Rail for a little while. The crowd was great and so was the band!

Saturday I went in to Auburn with Lindsey and we shopped around for a little while. We had a great time! I got home just in time for the second half of the Georgia game but then fell asleep on the couch! We started watching the Auburn game but it was so boring that we decided to go down to the bar for a little while.

Sunday, dad had to drop mom off to meet up with her friends for their Fripp Island trip. So after he did that he met us down at the coffee shop for some breakfast. Then we hit up our Sunday usuals- Target, Kroger, Petco. So exciting.

Sunday afternoon we had 2 birthday parties!!! Vivian's 1st Birthday and Laurel's 30th. They were both a blast. Vivian was soo cute in her birthday bubble outfit but she didn't really love the cake:( Laurel's party was at Mikata (Mikata means fun!) and we had a great time with all the neighborhood peeps!

This weeks is a little crazy. Philip is on call almost every night and the Chamber has our annual golf tournament tomorrow so I think we will both be ready for the weekend!

Oh, and here's my new bike that I ordered from Golden Bikes on Saturday. I can't wait for it to come in but b/c it's a new model it won't be here until the begining of November...bummer! I'm going to try to find a basket for it so Charlie can ride with me! ha ha! And definitely a bell and some streamers too!

7 comments:

beth spray said...

okay - so i have to see the basket with charlie in it when you get it!! let's hope our tigers play better this week!!!

Bendabl said...

Yay! Glad you found me Mere! And I love the bike, Please please put pics up ASAP if you get a basket with Charlie in it!

The C's said...

that bike is really cute! and do they still play the mikata means fun commercial? haha! i am ready to come visit and see the new place. hopefully i will make it to one auburn game.

Elizabeth said...

What a CUTE bike!!! I can't wait to see pics in person. :)

The Patterson Family said...

I want a pic of you, Charlie & streamers in November!! :) Haha :)

Unknown said...

Love the bike! I can't wait until Thanksgving when we can toodle around Seaside.

Anonymous said...

Hey! I am so jelous of your bike. I am wanting one for Christmas with a chair or something on the back for Vivian. Maybe I could just get a basket on the front for her??!! hehe
Where did you order the bike?