Thursday, August 14, 2008

Hi-Ho, Hi-Ho...Off to Boston I go!

I leave today for Boston! Me and Wendy (my neighbor in Birmingham) are doing the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer 3-Day Walk. I'm a little nervous about it but excited too! We will walk 20 miles a day for 3 days and sleep in a tent. Yeppers, ole Mer is going campin'! I'll be sure and post a pic of that when I get back.
Here are a few of the funny/interesting things on our suggested packing list:
1. Fanny Pack- seriously!
2. Body Glide
3. Tarp- just in case it rains, we can cover our tent with it. wait...what???? you mean if it rains we still have to sleep outside????
4. Blister band-aids- can't wait to use these!

I'll post pics of our adventure when I get back! If you are interested in learning more about the 3-Day walk, go to www.the3day.org. They have these all over the country and have just announced the cities for 2009!

3 comments:

Lauren and Allen Oakes said...

Good luck,Meredith! We will be thinking about you in the days to come!

Volree and Nick Wade said...

Good Luck! We'll be praying the rain away for ya!

The C's said...

Good luck!! I will be praying for you! Hope it goes well and you do not get any blisters :) Love ya!